Sunday, November 15, 2015

Books of the Month - October 2015

Here's what I read in October! You can find some more in-depth reviews here, as usual.


This is a very sweet middle grade book about a half Indian, half Jewish girl who has to go to a new school. I really liked the fact that her dad suffered very badly from depression


I really liked this. It's a YA book about a girl who wakes up to find her life is entirely different - her parents are still together, her hair is still long, and she has different friends. It's a bit like Life on Mars. I liked it a lot!


I'm a big fan of Elly Griffiths' Ruth Galloway novels, but her last two have been set in the 50s and centre around detective Edgar. They're also really good, this was better than the first one, in fact.


I asked on FB for books featuring a certain something, and this was recommended. I bought it on eBay for cheaps and enjoyed it. It's the first Poirot novel and is really good. I've never read Agatha Christie before!


This was okay, I liked the premise - about kids in a band falling in love - but I felt the worldview was really lacking in description.


This is a middle grade book about a trans girl; it's extremely sweet and I think it's an important addition to the LGBTQ world.


I read the third in this series a few weeks ago, and decided to get the next two from the library. If I was 10 years old I would be ALL OVER this series. It's adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment