Monday, May 7, 2018

Lunch at Cannon Hall

On the Sunday after Lee had stayed the night, I was going out for tea (see my next post) but we wanted to do something before I went out. We weren't sure what to do, but I felt like going out in his new car.

His old car has been a significant source of stress between us, as it was completely dying and needed getting rid of. It was really horrible to drive and even to ride in, so we'd got in the habit of going everywhere in mine. We've managed to get a new one, it is really amazing and really fun. It's a lot like his old one but much newer and it isn't dying. We only picked it up the Wednesday before this Sunday, so I hadn't had chance to go far in it. We decided to head out to Cannon Hall, which is only a few miles from where we live, for lunch. It was busy when we got there, but not as bad as we expected, meaning we only had to wait a few minutes for a table in the busy cafe.

I had a prawn sandwich which was nice, and Lee had a chicken burger because it was his main meal. He said it was really nice, he was impressed. After lunch we wandered round the garden centre for a bit, but only bought some lawn seed. So glamourous. Then we got ice cream from the stall outside. I had a a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of salted caramel, which was excellent.

We got back in the car and drove for a little bit, following our noses really until we got somewhere we knew and got back home. We chilled out for a bit at home, before I went out and Lee went. It was nice, just what we needed together :)



No comments:

Post a Comment