Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Trip to Cornwall - the Sunset

On Thursday evening the plan had been to just stay in and watch a film or two. I can't remember what we had to eat, if I'm honest, but I'm sure it was nice! Oh in fact maybe we had everything that was left put together because we had already planned to go out on Friday evening.

But then the sunset started to happen, and the sky was a gorgeous pink colour. I have never seen the sun set over the sea, so I wanted to do that, so Lee agreed and we set off in the car, both in our comfy clothes/pyjamas.

However, wherever we went, the sun was setting over the land and not over the sea. Lands End peninsula was just, like, in the way. It was partly due to it being midsummer, apparently. We've said that we're definitely going to find somewhere where we can watch the sunset over the sea - maybe not this summer but at some point.

But, the sunset was really pretty. We ended up near Kynance Cove looking at the sun setting over the higher land. We were out probably an hour, and it was definitely worth it even if I didn't get the sunset over the sea that I wanted.






And there it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment