Friday, October 26, 2018

Films of the Month - September

I only watched eight films in September, but that was partly due to being on holiday, and I really enjoyed what I did watch, so that's good. At the 3/4 point of the year, I've watched 94 films, 56 of which I've never seen before, which is a number I'm really pleased with!

Here's what I watched in September:


Lee and I went with Sam to the cinema to see this, Idris Elba's directorial debut. I liked the story and the music and soundtrack, even though the plot was a bit thin. I'd recommend seeing it


Continuing with my Disney film list, I watched Tangled. It's alright, nothing special


Killing Bono is based on the book by Neil McCormick, a rock critic, the story of how he grew up with U2 and how his band almost made it big. He was on something Lee and I were watching and I had to tell Lee who he was - I know from reading the NME and stuff for years. I didn't realise they'd made this into a film, so I was really interested to see it. It's great, really funny, a bit moving, really interesting. Definitely watch if it you love music (even if, like me, you don't like U2)


Everyone raved about Lady Bird last year didn't they, so I thought it was time I watched it. It's okay, I liked Lady Bird and her mother, and it did ring a lot of bells seeing that Lady Bird and I were were about the same age in 2002. That one Justin Timberlake song... 


It's ages since I saw Pitch Perfect so I thought I would, I've got the next two to watch too soon.


Lee and I went to see the Miseducation of Cameron Post, which I was really looking forward to, having loved the book. I thought the film was excellent, I reviewed it here on my book blog (as well as all my books, obviously)


I don't know what reminded me of this film, which I've never seen, so I thought I'd watch it. I liked it, Stephen Fry and Jude Law are both good (and I managed to spot a very young Orlando Bloom!)


Finally I watched The Navigators, a film set in Rotherham, about men who work on the railways and whose jobs are under threat due to privatisation. It's a Ken Loach film so you can imagine what it's like. I enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment