Thursday, November 22, 2018

Mediterranean Cruise - Day 7

When we got up on the Saturday of our cruise we hadn't yet docked. It's a long way from Cannes to Mallorca, where we were docking in Palma, so we finally docked at around 1pm. We spent the morning looking at photos to see which we wanted to buy, and sitting in the atrium meeting some of the staff. We actually docked a bit early. We'd already booked ourselves on to a shuttle bus so we got on that and headed into Palma itself.

Coincidentally Lee's dad and stepmum were on holiday in Palma that week. They go a lot cos they really like it there, so we arranged to meet up. We were dropped off by the cathedral so we met Michael and Mary there. There was some kind of festival going on so it was really noisy to begin with, but it quietened down. We found a table in a restaurant right by the lake in front of the cathedral, and stayed there all afternoon. We had some lunch and a couple of drinks.

When we got back to the boat we went swimming for the last time. I wasn't sure Lee would want to as there wasn't loads of time left, but he thought I wouldn't want to and he definitely did! So we had a swim in extremely warm water, and one last soak in the hot tub. Gorgeous!

In the evening we watched the boat set sail one last time. Not fair! I was just getting into the swing of being on a cruise ship and then it ended! I would definitely go on a cruise again, I really enjoyed it. We ate from the buffet as we'd had a big lunch.

I'm writing this weeks after we got back as I've been ill, and it feels like a very long time ago but also a real life experience. I'm glad we went!


Meeting the cruise director Andre


Our ship from where the bus dropped us off


Palma Cathedral


Us and Lee's dad and stepmum, Lee must have taken this






Our boat again!






Palma is a really gorgeous town and I'd love to see more of it, I think Lee and I might go there at some point


As we sailed out of Palma we saw loads of Mallorca because you have to go right round the island. 



I love the sky in these photos










And finally here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment