Saturday, January 5, 2019

The Knitting and Stitching Show - Harrogate

At the end of November Lee and I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate. I had heard about it through my craft club, who were organising a full day trip. I knew that would be too much for me, though, so I asked Lee to come with me. You can get a Thursday ticket that allows you in between 3pm and 8pm for half the price, so I decided that would be plenty of time and got us a ticket each.

We set off in the afternoon and Lee let me out at one end of the building so he could go park. I ended up in the exhibition area and I'm really glad I did because I got to see loads of fibre artists that I might not have otherwise seen. Lee joined me and we looked at the exhibits, then went into the huge rooms selling stuff.

There was SO MUCH to look at, it was hard to no where to begin and I wanted to see stuff before I decided what to buy. There were craft supplies for basically everything. I do a fair few crafts as you know, so I'd taken along some money. I ended up buying some hand dyed cross stitch aida in gorgeous gold and green, and a thread holder in the shape of a cat, and Lee bought me a rag rugging kit that is for my birthday in January, so I haven't got it yet. I've never done rag rugging so I'm excited to give it a go!

Honestly I could have spent a fortune but I restricted myself. I had so much fun just looking at stuff, I would have liked to buy some beads and maybe some fabric, but I didn't. I would definitely go back next year, I think the late ticket was perfect for me at just £8.50!

I had also managed to do my nails that week, I was wearing this gorgeous rose gold polish from Models Own


Gorgeous nails!


These hearts were in commemoration of the centenary of World War One


Here's what I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment