Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Films of the Month - September

I forgot to write my September films post until way past the beginning of October, and the reason I forgot is because I forget loads of things, and I have reminders set in my phone for all of them. I have daily reminders, weekly, monthly, even annual ones like "Book MOT". They keep me sane and keep me knowing what I'm supposed to be doing. I had almost eighty reminders in my phone and used them daily.

Then I upgraded to iOS 13 and all my reminders disappeared. Every single one of them. It was awful. The new iOS was rolled out too quickly and a lot of bits of it were broken. But for me, reminders was the worst. Over the next couple of weeks, about half of them came back. They came in in dribs and drabs, two or three at a time, and not in the same order they had been set in. As I remembered things I added ones too, but the app in its entirety is really hard to use now. It doesn't have half the functionality that it used to. It's slow and it keeps repeating reminders. It is SO frustrating and I am not impressed!

So, I remembered about this post eventually, set myself a new reminder that took about five minutes longer than it should have, and here we are. I hate it when things don't work the way they should!

Here's what I watched in September. I only watched thirteen films, it seemed like there was a lot of good TV to watch instead:


I had never seen Rebel Without A Cause, so thought I finally would. It's okay, I'm glad I've seen it, but I didn't love it. 


Lee and I watched Rogue One together, he says every time that he thinks it's the best Star Wars film. 


I went to a birthday party and was reminded of 24 Hour Party People, which is a fantastic film. I recommend it if you haven't seen it. It's so funny. 


I'm sure you know by now that Mary Poppins is one of my favourite films. I sat cross stitching one afternoon and watched it.


This biopic of Sylvia Plath is really good and I hadn't seen it in forever, so I watched it.


I had this in my "films to watch" list, I have seen it before but not for ages. I don't love Tom Hanks but I think it's a decent enough film.


Fahrenheit 11/9, Michael Moore's newest documentary, was on Netflix so I said to Lee we should watch it. It's about the rise of Donald Trump and the current state of American politics. I won't say I "enjoyed" it, but I'm glad  I watched it and would recommend it.


Really this was a TV movie but I'm counting it. It's about people making propoganda films in World War Two, and I liked it. Plus Gemma Arterton is great!


Sam and I went to see The Big Meeting at the cinema. It's about the Durham Miners' Gala and follows three women throughout their day there. It's a documentary and really interesting. I found it quite moving in parts too!


I finally got round to watching the third Pitch Perfect film. It's not as good as the other two but it's okay.


So Lee wanted to watch all the Star Wars films so we went back to A New Hope. Luke really annoys me in this film, but I love it. 


I had never seen Dead Poet's Society, although my friend Sam loves it. I watched it one quiet Sunday and really liked it, I get why everyone thinks it's amazing.


And again, Lee and I watched Empire Strikes Back. It's one of my favourite films of all time, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment