Sunday, February 13, 2022

Festive Weekend with Sam and Jacqui

Having a festive weekend with Sam and Jac is one of my favourite traditions, and something that I really missed in 2020. So I was looking forward to our weekend in the middle of December. The Friday night was when I was at my work meal out, so we arranged to meet on the Saturday. We met at Market Kitchen in Barnsley, which Sam and I had been to previously but which Jac hadn't seen yet. We had some cocktails and some food. 

I had two delicious Snowball cocktails which tasted a little like Baileys. Sam and I both got Thai food - I had Massaman curry and vegetable tempura, and "prawnless" crackers. Jac had a Greek kebab type dish, I think. We had some more cocktails and left around 2pm. Lee picked us up and we all went to Morrisons to get party food for the evening and some drinks. Both cats were very pleased to see Jac and Sam - Jac is really allergic but of course they loved her! Jasmine also wanted to play Trivial Pursuit with us so we kept moving her off the board, so eventually she laid down near it, juuuuuuuust touching the pieces. Very cunning! We had a nice night just chilling.

On Sunday I had booked for us to have lunch somewhere in Chapeltown. Nearly everywhere had a festive menu on which is fine but there's only ever one vegetarian choice. However, this place looked really nice. It was like three courses for £25 each or something. They don't have a licence so Sam had bought some champagne the day before for us to have, which was lovely and a real treat. 

I had a nice starter, then a yummy vegetarian Sunday dinner - it was a Wellington with all the trimmings. It was absolutely gorgeous. We didn't have pudding, but set off to Wentworth Garden Centre after lunch.

I love garden centres, especially at Christmas, and Wentworth is absolutely huge and really worth the visit. We went to the petting zoo first and met a bunch of animals. You can buy feed to feed them, so Lee did that while I watched on. Then we went into the aquarium bit where you can look at all the fish. Then we went into the shop, but it was really busy so Lee and I stepped outside pretty quickly. We decided to go into the cafe. It has two bits - one for substantial food and one for cake and coffee, and we managed to get tables in the cafe part. It was busy, but didn't feel too busy. It's weird isn't it how you're constantly on alert now, isn't it? We had coffee and cake, which were really nice. 

After that we took Jac and Sam to Barnsley to get their trains to go home. It was a lovely and relaxing weekend with them!

On Saturday I was wearing one of my old Asos dresses that I love. On Sunday I wore my star print top and pleather skirt. That felt like a nice festive outfit for the day! 


Snowball cocktails, they were so yummy, I'd have them again


I know I always get Massaman curry but I like it so much - spicy but coconutty and creamy too


I think mine here was a Sex on the Beach. Jac's was an elderflower spritz, and I'm not sure what Sam's was but she liked it


Jac and me in a fun bit in the market hall


Poppy doing... whatever this is


Jasmine just LOOKING at the game board


Lovely champagne in the restaurant on th Sunday


Gorgeous Sunday dinner, we'll have to go back there


Llama


Sheep


Fox asleep on a shelf!


Pretty bird


The most teeny pony ever


And his friend


And my outfit of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment