Thursday, July 7, 2022

Lunch out for Philippa's Birthday

On the fifteenth of May Lee and I headed to Sheffield to have lunch with Philippa and some friends for her birthday. She had invited us a couple of weeks before alongside Claire, Sandra, their son, and her friend Cat and her children, who I have met before but not for literally about eight years (the babies were tiny at the time!). She wanted to go to Temple of Fun which is in a really fun old factory type building and which serves amazing vegan food. Philippa and I went not so long back and I really enjoyed the food then, so I was keen to go back. Lee's never been, and I promised him it was nice!

We all got there and chatted for a bit. I took Philippa some flowers because I always like to be bought flowers. I had ordered them from the flower shop in our village and just said "Colourful" because Philippa is a very colourful person and the flowers were gorgeous - oranges and yellows which was so cheerful! I should have taken a photo. 

I decided on the Gouda God burger, which had melted vegan gouda and not meat bacon rashers. It was absolutely gorgeous, I would definitely eat it again. Lee had the fairground hotdog that I had had previously and liked it. And we shared some onion rings, which were huge and delicious. 

On Sundays they do two Sunday roasts as specials, so a few people went for that. It did look nice, Lee and I will have to go again! The desserts are all sundaes and they were all absolutely immense. Lee and I shared the chocolate orange one which was gorgeous. It had chocolate ice cream and gorgeous orangey bits on top. I would like to try the unicorn one though! Philippa got a piece of brownie with a candle in because it was her birthday, which was nice. 

I wore my rainbow dress and my Fuck the Tories necklace because I knew Philippa would appreciate both! I don't wear my rainbow dress very often because I feel like it needs a particular occasion to do it! But it is nice to wear. I also had my black footless Snag Tights on. 


Gouda God burger, so gorgeous


Immense onion rings


Pippa and her brownie


Gorgeous chocolate orange sundae


My rainbow dress and white Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment