Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Gel Nails at Quirky Sparkle

I had my nails done in the middle of June ready for my cousin's wedding at the weekend (post to come!). I have never had gel nails done before and was under the illusion that you had to have extensions with them, which I didn't want. I have long natural nails myself so don't want anything that will wreck my own nails. I didn't realise you can just have gel polish done but then someone posted in a local Facebook group about her salon, based in her home in a village not far from mine, and mentioned something about natural nails. I messaged her asking if I could have a fun pattern and manicure and she said of course, so I made an appointment for a Wednesday morning. 

I arrived and parked on her drive and went round to her salon which is behind her garage. It was light and airy and really nice inside. I find busy salons really difficult to deal with so this was ideal for me as it was just me and Anj. We went through some colour choices and she did my nails with accent nails on my thumbs and ring finger nails, to match the dress that I had bought to wear for the wedding. The whole process took quite a long time, but I was at home just after 11 with lovely nails. I knew they would grow out and mine seemed to grow out quite quickly (I guess my nails grow faster than I previously thought!), but I liked having them done for a special occasion and I've booked to have them done again just before Lee's 40th which is in August. 


You'll see how well they match my dress in my next post! 


Anj was lovely and chatty and put me at ease. The whole thing cost me £27 which I found very reasonable!

You can find her on social media if you're in the Barnsley area

No comments:

Post a Comment