Monday, November 7, 2022

Trip to France - Day 5

On the Tuesday of our holiday Lee and I went to Mirepoix to get croissants and stuff for everyone, and then popped into the supermarket where we picked up a few things including blinis, blini cheese, and cucumber salad which I always love to buy and eat in France. I love French supermarkets and I know I'm not alone there! I looked at the stationery but only came away with one pen. It's a three colour pen though with blue, pink, and lilac ink, so it is very lovely. 

In the afternoon we all sat around the pool, I think, Me and my mum and Lee definitely did! There was a small lizard around the pool that we kept seeing, Lee managed to get a photo of him. There were also several cats that we saw - one was a small tabby kitten that would let my mum stroke him and even pick him up for a cuddle, and then there were two black cats that looked like strays. We fed them some milk and some tuna. 

I took a cross stitch to do and started it on the first Tuesday of our holiday. It's another Caterpillar Cross Stitch one, this time it's the summer tree. I didn't do much of it but it was nice to have around to do a few stitches of. I was a bit paranoid about it getting sun bleached so I kept putting it under stuff to make sure it didn't. 

I always try to take a pool selfie and did it on this day. I always wear a headscarf in the pool on holiday because it's way too easy to burn my parting or scalp without meaning to especially when my hair is wet. Lee took a picture of me in the pool too, with my stepdad in the background. 

For tea I had one of the breadcrumbed cheese things that my mum and Alison had bought for me - it was like deep fried Brie or something, and totally delicious. Alison also made this quinoa salad which was so nice, really tangy and delicious. I'm sure everyone else had some kind of meat but I honestly couldn't tell you what they ate. It was a nice meal anyway.

A thunderstorm rolled in around 9pm. There was a LOT of thunder and lightning so I went to sit inside because I didn't like it very much. But no rain! 

I was wearing my off the shoulder leopard print dress from Yours clothing which I love anyway but which is especially nice on holiday and which showed off my tan nicely. I had anti chafing shorts on underneath again just because the slits in the dress are quite high especially when I'm sitting down!


Lizard! He appeared a few times when we were around the pool


The pool first thing in the morning. You can see where it got deeper at the far end, it was too deep for me to stand up in


And here I am a couple of hours later sunbathing and starting my new cross stitch. I had to leave it in my case for my mum to bring home, but fortunately when I got home I had a new Christmas stitch along to start! 


Pool selfie, barely a cloud in the sky


Lee took this one


Quinoa salad and a breadcrumbed cheese thing - we must have actually had a barbecue as that veggie burger next to it was barbecued, and quite yummy!


I tried to capture some of the lightning


I managed it - you can see how lit up the sky was!


Leopard print dress for the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment