Monday, December 25, 2023

Weekend in the Dales - Day 3

On the Saturday of our trip to Wensleydale we drove across to Sedbergh. Lee and I went before when we were staying in the area, and it's a really nice drive across the dales. We had had breakfast so decided we would just get cake and coffee in Sedbergh later on. 

The sun was shining and it looked amazing on the drive. Lee drove my mum's car and I sat in the front with him and played some music while my mum and stepdad sat in the back. We stopped in a car park on the way where there was a really beautiful outlook, and took some photos. It was absolutely lovely! We had also stopped in Hawes on the way to visit the sweet shop again.

Sedbergh itself isn't huge but we went in some shops and I got three books for a pound each. We then went in a really lovely cafe about 2pm. My stepdad got a sandwich but the rest of us had cake - I had homemade caramel shortbread which was delicious. Lee had this waffle with the cafe's ice cream which was also delicious! 

We left Sedbergh and went to Fairfield Mill which we had seen a sign for on the way so my mum wanted to go. When Lee and I got there we realised we had been before when we visited last time. It has a ton of the old weaving and mill stuff, which is really cool to see, and it has a ton of artisan and craft stuff. I bought some soaps and a couple of Christmas presents. It was nice to go back! 

We stopped to look at Garsdale viaduct on the way back just as it was getting dark, and dropping a little bit colder. Then we went back to the cottage. Lee had a nap and the rest of us just relaxed. We had sandwiches and stuff in the evening as we weren't very hungry. 

I was wearing this Carolina Dress Room dress that I got recently off Lucia from U Can't Wear That. It's lovely and soft and I love the print of it, it's like an apothecary. It was nice and warm, too! 



Looking back towards Yorkshire when we had just crossed into Cumbria


My mum standing in the car park


I liked this picture of all our shadows. Lee stayed in the car because his back was hurting


This hill is called The Calf, apparently


Look at the car park - it was pretty but it needed resurfacing! It looked like the lunar surface


I liked this picture of the sun on the hill, too


I also liked this little ginnel in the town centre


And it was definitely feeling festive there too!


I loved this little alleyway too


My ridiculous hot chocolate


And my delicious caramel shortbread


Lee's really ridiculous waffle - he let me have some


One of the looms in Fairfield Mill


And the river nearby which powered the mill through a water wheel


Upstream


And the turbine inside the building, it was really cool


This was in an artist's studio on one of the floors and my mum said, "Rebecca and Lee, come and look at this, you'll want to see it!" and she was right, we did. It's really cool


This is the front of it


There was also some bobbin lace! I used to make bobbin lace (I still can, I just haven't in forever) and these were some examples which were really nice to see 


Garsdale viaduct on the way back


Isn't it beautiful?


I love a viaduct


And this was the sun setting over the hills


In my new to me dress just before I put my pyjamas on for the night


A close up of the pattern


And here are the books I got for just a pound each!

No comments:

Post a Comment