Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Holiday in Morocco - Day 7

The 27th of May was our last full day in Morocco. It was also my mum's birthday but I had got permission to be away on her birthday so it was alright. We wanted to get down on the beach in good time to make sure we got sun loungers, so we were all awake quite early. I was really sore and achey though, so I laid in bed for an extra half an hour when Sam and Jac went down to the beach, and that meant I could just take my time to get ready. I was down on the beach by about 10.15. 

It was warm but not boiling, which was perfect. We got talking to a family next to us so asked them to look after our phones and bags etc so that we could all go in the water together. We didn't go too deep because the lifeguards kept whistling, but we managed to swim which was lovely. There were a few clouds but it was fine. And there were people walking their camels along the beach which was cute to see. 

We eventually went back into the hotel and had a drink or two in the bar that was nearest the beach. I can't remember if we had lunch although I'm pretty sure we did as we hadn't had any breakfast. We tried to sit somewhere else in the hotel but it turned out to be for higher up quests than we were. No matter! We sat round the big pool and all went in again, for the last time. Waah!

When we headed back to the room we found a black cat that someone had fed, so I spoke to it of course. Then on our patio a cute grey and white cat had made itself at home on one of our chairs! We got showered and mostly packed to leave before tea, and then headed to the restaurant and the bar. The food still hadn't been great for me but it was fine, I managed. We wandered down to the beach to watch the sunset which was gorgeous - I'm glad we managed to catch it eventually. 

We had a couple of drinks in the bar before bed! 


A man walking his came down the beach


Looking out at the sea. Because it was the Atlantic it was quite rough but not too bad to swim in


Looking towards the casbah on the top of the hill


The little black cat that was busy eating some biscuits


And then the one that had made itself at home on our drying laundry!


Sam took this of me in the big pool last thing and I love it - in one of my most natural habitats in a pool



The big pool as we walked through after tea, it looked so pretty


Watching the sunset


It looked so good


I'm pretty sure we did get a picture of the three of us together, but I only have this one of me. It's cute though


The hill and its writing once again


And another sun picture just before it went below the horizon

No comments:

Post a Comment