Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Christmas Tag



I stole this post off Becky who posted it here.

Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
We have a really nice synthetic tree, but last year we got a real one and it was just LOVELY. It smelt so nice and was so pretty. I think we'll alternate and get a real one every other year. 

You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick up?
My usual, probably - a decaf vanilla latte. I don't drink caffeine at all, and I'm not keen on Christmas spiced stuff. 

What's your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
Everything for our tree used to be silver and blue because that matched our living room, but we've been buying other colour decorations, and we inherited some of my childhood baubles, so really I just like ALL THE COLOURS. 

Giving or receiving?
I love getting presents - who doesn't - but I love giving them too. I put a lot of thought into all the gifts we give to my family and Lee's family and my friends - seriously all he buys are mine! I wrap them all, which I really enjoy, too.

To mince pie or not to?
Oooh definitely, I love them. I loathe Christmas pudding and can take or leave Christmas cake, but I do like mince pies, especially warmed with Cointreau cream!
What's your traditional Christmas lunch?
Turkey, stuffing, sausages in bacon, Yorkshire puddings (very controversial around our way but Lee insists and my mother indulges him!), vegetables, bread sauce (I could live on it to be honest)

Christmas day fashion
Something nice and a bit smart. 

What's your favourite Christmas song?
Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl - classic. 

What's your favourite Christmas film?
Die Hard! Haha, I'm not really one for gushy romantic type films. Lee and I always watch Die Hard, my family doesn't really watch films at Christmas. 

Open presents before or after lunch?
We usually stagger it and it takes forever cos everyone likes to see what everyone else got! I'm glad I'm an only child or it would take several days!

No comments:

Post a Comment