Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Books of the Month - September 2015

I read a lot in September! Here's the rundown:


1) Courtney Summers - All the Rage. I got this on NetGalley and really enjoyed it; the main character is really well-written and utterly badass
2) Peter Robinson - Friend of the Devil. I love the DCI Banks book and have read most of them. This was a recent one and I like how the technology goes on throughout the series. They're pretty basic police procedurals, but Banks is a likeable renegade and I love the North Yorkshire setting

 

3) Katie French - The Breeders. This had so much potential but just wasn't that good.
4) Abbie Rushton - Unspeakable. I didn't like this much, either. The main character was annoying and I didn't like the story resolution


5) Robin Talley - What We Left Behind. I loved this, it's about a teenage couple who are going to separate colleges, one of them is going through a lot of gender identity stuff. It's not yet published but do look out for it
6) Robin Stevens - First Class Murder. This is a cute middle grade novel about 13 year old detectives, very much in the vein of Malory Towers or the Famous Five. I enjoyed it.


7) Matthew Crow - In Bloom. I wanted to love this, but just didn't. The main character got on my nerves a LOT

As usual, my YA/middle grade book reviews can be found in more depth here





No comments:

Post a Comment