Monday, October 19, 2015

Day out in Huddersfield

On 6th September my friend Sam and I went to the Tolson Museum in Huddersfield and also had a bit of a drive out on the moors as it was such a lovely day. I'd never been to the museum before, and Sam hadn't been in a long time.


First of all we had an ice cream at Dixon's on Leeds Road. Dixon's is a Huddersfield secret! It's actually milk ice, so it's very sweet, but yummy.


Sam says this barge end has been there for twenty years.


I love old vehicles like this fire engine


And this! I want to be driven in this, for sure.


The wool industry was an important part of Huddersfield's (and most of West Yorkshire's) economy, so there's a whole section on it. I love this picture of weavers' cottages.


Here is Sam doing some weaving, haha







1 comment:

  1. What a great museum, I shall put that on my list of places to visit. I like to have a list of things to do in wet weather when we're usually stuck indoors so I think this fits the bill. I've never heard of Dixon's, I'm not a huge lover of ice cream but that does look very tempting.

    ReplyDelete