Monday, April 2, 2018

Films of the Month - February

I watched eleven films in February which is a good number, I watched some really good stuff too. Here's what I watched:


I loved the book A Little Princess when I was younger, and although I think I've seen this film before it hasn't been in years, so I watched it. It was on Netflix.


Twitter informed me this was on Netflix so I definitely HAD to watch it! I definitely saw this when I was younger, although I liked the TV series better


Save the Last Dance is one of my favourite films of all time; I love Julia Stiles and the story of the film. I love the music too, I spent a lot of time listening to this soundtrack when I was at university


This is a really good, atmospheric film about a young woman stuck in a loveless marriage to an older man, I would recommend it if the time period and setting appeal to you. It looks amazing. 


I can't remember who recommended this, but it's SO good, watch it now. It's about a cross dressing teenager who moves to a very conservative high school. It's got lots of famous people in it, but Alex Lawther and Ian Nelson who play the leads are both fantastic. Definitely a new favourite


This came up as being similar to Freak Show so I thought I'd check it out, it's a very cute story about a girl who doesn't know her rock star dad and then ends up going on tour with him. Very cute story


Lee and I watched the Godfather over a few nights because it's just so long. I love it though, I really adore Al Pacino in particular and his beautiful face


When I was in Leicester with my friends, we watched three gay films starting with God's Own Country because Von hadn't seen it yet. It's still lovely and beautiful and I'm still SO glad there's a happy ending to it


Next we watched Pride. I don't know if you remember that Lee and I were in the cinema watching this when we learnt that Lee's uncle had died, so we never saw the end of it then and couldn't bear to watch it for a while. We finally did, but it was ages ago and I had forgotten a lot of it. This film makes me cry so much, I love it but it's so sad too 


Finally we watched this, which was one of the first queer films I ever saw and even though it is quite dated now and a bit cringy in parts, I still have a huge soft spot for it


Finally, I watched East is East on the last day of the month while I was snowed in. I loved this film when I was a teenager, but hadn't seen it in about five years. It's ridiculously funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment