Thursday, February 7, 2019

A Few Pictures from Christmas

Like I said, we were at our house for Christmas, for only the second time since we moved in here in 2004! My stepdad has never spent Christmas here! It was nice, really lovely to be in my own home instead of at my mum's. Lee made Christmas dinner with a little help from the rest of us. We actually cooked the turkey on Christmas Eve which was much better. We'd ordered a turkey crown but Asda ran out so gave us a turkey instead.

We had cheese and crackers and pate and salmon and stuff to start with, then a full turkey dinner with bread sauce, stuffing, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, pigs in blankets, parsnips, carrots. I love Christmas dinner! Then I made lemon cheesecake for dessert.

I got some lovely presents including two bottles of champagne, a Build a Bear kitten, books, a couple of scented candles. Really nice things! I haven't tried the champagne yet, but I did get another bottle for my birthday! It's a total indulgence because I really like champagne but would rarely if ever buy it for myself. I've also never had a Build a Bear - they didn't have any shops round here when I was young, but I've been thinking for years that I should treat myself to one, so when my mum and I went Christmas shopping I asked for one so we went in to build her. It was a lot of fun!


As you can see she's dressed as Rey from Star Wars. She smells of bubblegum! I liked her whiskers and the colour of her


The table all set. The stockings have little gifts in them, I did them this year although my mum and I take it in turns. I love my wine glasses, they're for "best" so I don't use them often


These are my best plates, too. They were wedding presents


Dinner!


One bottle from my mum and one from Lee


And these are all the books I got! Lee bought me the top one, my friend Laura bought me the middle two, and my friend Sarah bought me the bottom one, which I've already read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment