Thursday, August 8, 2019

Films of the Month - June

I watched fifteen films in June, I got into the groove of watching something on Netflix quite a few afternoons. Plus Lee and I watched a few films together which is always nice. Here's what I watched...


Firstly I watched Always Be My Maybe, which is a really cute romcom that I would really recommend. 


I thought Mary Queen of Scots was going to be much better than it was. David Tennant was good but the rest of it left me cold.


Burton and Taylor was on the BBC, I have seen it before but really enjoyed it second time around even though it is quite sanitised.


Lee and I watched Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey which is my favourite of the two films. We'll see how bad the third one is...


It was a rainy Sunday afternoon so I settled down with West Side Story. I haven't seen it since I was about ten years old. I loved it!


Control - the biopic of Joy Division's Ian Curtis - is one of my favourite films and I love it. Sam Riley is excellent as Ian. 


Murder Mystery came on Netflix so although I don't like Adam Sandler much I took a chance on it. I'm really glad I did, I really liked it, I thought it turned similar films on its head a bit. Jennifer Aniston is a great comic actor, I liked the film a lot.


I've never seen I'm Not There, the film where several different people play Bob Dylan, even though I'm a big Dylan fan. I liked it more than I thought I would. Cate Blanchett was excellent, and I still really miss Heath Ledger. 


Netflix recommended this to me. It's a documentary about Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which is one of my favourite albums, so I liked it. It was a bit heavy on men explaining things, but I did learn lots about the album. I'd recommend it for a Beatles fan. 


Lee and I watched A Bug's Life on our first night camping. We've never seen it before even though we both really like Pixar films. It was fun!


The next night while camping we watched Mockingjay Part I as Lee still hasn't seen it and we've been very slowly making our way through the Hunger Games films. I think I've only seen it once - at the cinema when it came out - so it was nice to see it again.


I saw Viceroy's House in the cinema when it came out and I've been meaning to watch it again. I like it, I know it has its problems. Gillian Anderson is really good. 


I've been watching Good Omens - isn't it brilliant? - so I thought I should finally get round to watching Michael Sheen in Frost/Nixon. Lee swears I've seen it before but I really don't remember it. 


This is a heist film based on the Hatton Garden robbery in 2015. There's two films and there was recently a TV show too. This film deviates from the actual story a bit, but I liked it. Matthew Goode was good, I'd forgotten about his existence.


Finally Lee and I watched Incredibles 2, which we've never seen. I thought it was fun and Lee really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment