Sunday, August 23, 2020

Family Day in July

In the middle of July my aunt, uncle, and younger cousin came up to stay with my grandma. They hadn't seen her since February and neither had Lee and I. We all decided to go on Saturday to my mum's, to sit in their garden. There were eight of us altogether. If that was breaking the lockdown rules/easing rules then I'm sorry - the rules were absolutely baffling and unclear.

We had homemade bread and sandwich fillings for lunch, and then I had made an apple crumble. Lee doesn't like crumble so I wouldn't do it at home, and I really fancied one. I had to use Granny Smith apples because there were no cooking apples in two shops, but that was fine. I made it on Friday night and took it with us. My mum needed to cook it because she was making chilli in the oven for tea and didn't have space to do the pudding too, so we ended up eating it for pudding after lunch. I don't think I got a photo but it was sweet and squidgy and delicious! I'm really glad I made it.

It started to rain so we sat in the garage, still trying to keep everyone apart, but it was really cold so we did eventually move inside, but sat in our households instead of moving around. All eight of us haven't really been anywhere, so it felt safe enough. I really have no idea, though.

As I said my mum had made chilli - veggie mince for Lee and I - and jacket potatoes. It was perfect - nicely spicy, really hearty and delicious. We usually make our veggie chilli with carrots and beans in which makes it brighter orange and sweeter, so it was nice to have my mum's recipe for a change.

My aunt and everyone left just before 9pm because my grandma wanted to watch something on TV, so my mum and stepdad fired up their fire pit and Lee and I sat outside with them in front of that for a bit. It was lovely - I love a real fire outside, like when we're camping, and it wasn't raining and was nice and warm in front of the fire. We didn't leave until about 10.30pm!

I was wearing a new dress from JD Williams which I bought on Crazy Clearance a few weeks ago. It's sleeveless and has a hanky hem that hangs really nicely. I love the pattern on it, I think it's quite striking. Plus I like the deep V neck! I put leggings on underneath as I hadn't realised quite how long the dress is! I would wear it without anything underneath. It's a perfect holiday dress, here's hoping for that to happen at some point!

It was photo an hour too which explains some of these photos!


Just post shower


On our way to my mum's - this weird sculpture lives on a roundabout near our house


Socially distanced garden party, before it started properly raining


Me and my lovely cousin Peter


There was a bee on one of my mum's sunflowers!


Lee and I


Panorama of the garage. My grandma was asleep in the conservatory


My mum's cat Ruben ate every crumb on the table, because he never gets fed, obviously


I made a pitcher of Pimms - not quite the weather for it though


Delicious chilli. I swear this is vegetarian! It looks really meaty, every time I looked at it I was surprised


My mum had bought this huge chocolate and caramel cake for dessert


Fire pit getting going 


This lovely new dress! I love it, I love the pattern and the colours and how long it is. I'll definitely be wearing this again soon!


The fire pit when my stepdad got it going really quite a lot!


Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment