Monday, August 17, 2020

Tea Out in Huddersfield

In the middle of July I was feeling a bit stir crazy, sitting in the house for so long just wasn't good for me, so I asked Sam if she'd like to meet up near her house in Huddersfield. She is working as normal, so she said it would have to be teatime, so I said I'd take Lee along too. We arranged to meet at a takeaway near Greenhead Park in order to buy food first.

It was a burger takeaway, so I went for the veggie burger with gherkins and cheese, and halloumi sticks. We didn't have to wait very long, and then we went along to the park and walked through to the grass, where we sat. Sam and I had some wine and we all ate our tea and chatted for a bit. It was really lovely to talk to someone new and to see Sam of course! We didn't stay really late, as it was cloudy and a bit chilly.

I had bought some macarons online which had arrived earlier that day. I love them and haven't been able to get any locally for ages, so I'd bought 24 online. This one was the classic selection from Madamoiselle Macaron, and I got the pink selection too. I had a lemon one and a strawberry one and they were both delicious, but I was saving the rest for later in the week. I would recommend the company though, I ordered about 1pm on Wednesday and they arrived the same time on Thursday!

I was wearing this Scarlett & Jo skirt which started off as a dress and which I've worn lots, but the top was always a bit short on me. I decided to just chop it off and let the skirt have a new life. It's much better like this! I wore it with a plain black top from Simply Be. I discovered last month that Scarlett & Jo went into administration earlier this year, which surprised me. I always liked their stuff and what I have of it I wear a lot and love.

On our way home Lee went into Sainsburys in Huddersfield as we needed some bits for the weekend. You can't just "pop" into a shop these days can you? It takes forever. I sat in the car. Lee bought me this Beefeater blood orange gin. I'm not much a gin fan but I like it with lemonade, and I recently finished a bottle of Whitley Neil blackcurrant gin which I had tasted way back in February with my friend Katie. I've had orange gin at my mum's so I thought I'd try this and it turns out, it's great, I love it!


Me and Sam and Lee in the park, eating a socially distant way away from each other, of course!


Macarons!


My outfit


And some gin!

No comments:

Post a Comment