Monday, October 14, 2024

Sunday with Paul and Lianne

Paul and Lianne weren't going home until lunchtime on the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend, so we said we would see them on the Sunday morning too. I'm not sure what our original plan was, but as they really enjoyed the antiques centre in Wakefield the day before, we said we should take them to Elsecar Heritage Centre because it has a big antiques centre in it. They got the train to Barnsley where we picked them up, and then we drove through. We got to Elsecar just as it was opening and went into the antiques centre. I spotted a lovely sapphire pendant and ended up getting it. Lee went halves on it with me. 

We walked round to the pantry cafe and had toasted something - like a fruit loaf - and butter for us and jam for the vegans. We went into the sweet shop and got sweeties. Lee went into the record shop - of course - and Lianne and I went into the craft shop. We left about midday because we didn't want to be late for the train. 

Lee and I popped into the supermarket on the way home and got ingredients for Mexican eggy bread for tea which turned out to be easy and delicious and I would definitely eat it again. 

I was wearing this rose print dress which I discovered in my dresses recently with the tags still on so I clearly haven't worn it before. It's really nice, it's from Simply Be, and I think I will wear it a lot over the winter!


I absolutely love old sewing machines and if I had room to just display one in my house I would completely do that!


Here's the pendant I bought. I need a slightly longer chain for it though


Hot chocolate. I didn't take a picture of my fruit loaf stuff


I got these records for ONE POUND each!


Rose print dress from Simply Be


Here's Kiki in the after just looking cute 


And here's my Mexican eggy bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment