Sunday, August 30, 2026

Family Holiday Day 4

On the Saturday of our family weekend we got up and went swimming, well most of us did anyway. The big pool was huge and really deep too so it was nice to do some proper swimming and play with T. Then Neil made pancakes and we all ate a ton of them with a bunch of toppings, which was nice. Or maybe we did these two things in the other order; I'm not sure and can't remember as it's weeks ago and I am so desperate to get caught up on blogging. I'm driving myself mad with it! Anyway. It was a nice morning. 

We then decided to go right down to Dungeness to look at the lighthouses and the beach there. Lee and I went in our car and met up with my mum, stepdad, and Kensi. We walked round a little bit and then went into the visitor centre and had a cold drink. Everyone else arrived not long after that and they all went up the lighthouse but it was too much for me. Then we all walked round and on to the beach and down a long duckboard. The beach there is all shingle so I was glad I didn't have to walk on that as I find it really strenuous and stressful. I sat at the end of the duckboard on a bench for a while cahtting to everyone else and it was lovely. Lee had taken off to go to the supermarket to get our supplies for what we were cooking the next day, so I went back to the caravan with my mum and co. 

We stopped at Prospect Cottage which belonged to Derek Jarman; you can look at it but can't go in as it's privately owned. It was nice to see though and the garden is lovely so I'm glad we bothered to stop. 

We got back to the caravans and chilled out for a bit. My mum and Kensi made tea. T stole the little stool that I have to use with my camping chair to sit on, and it was so cute. We played some games after tea and I took photos of the stars again. 


One of the Dungeness lighthouses



There was a tiny steam train that came past the holiday park too; we talked about going on it but it was quite expensive so we didn't bother, we just looked at it in the station instead


Looking towards the other lighthouse


This knitting collage was in the visitor centre cafe and I thought it was brilliant


Setting off along the duckboards. There were other people around but it really looks like I was alone in the world at this point!


Closer up towards the other lighthouse


Peter and I, what a cute photo of us! Behind us you can see the power station which is not at all picturesque but very necessary!



Some views of the beach, it was stunning

And towards the power station

Baby T walking along the beach. He isn't a baby anymore but he is a very sweet kid



Some more views of the beach

Derek Jarman's cottage. There were quite a lot of similar cottages on the coastline nearby and a few of them had artists in them selling their work. It was lovely to see!

Views of the garden

And the cottage from the other side


T having stolen my little stool in order to play with his farm models outside



And lastly, the stars

No comments:

Post a Comment