Sunday, September 13, 2026

Meeting Katie in Leeds

At the very end of July I went to Leeds to meet up with my friend Katie. I decided to drive to Leeds because getting the train there really takes it out of me and I didn't want to have to walk a lot. I parked in Trinity car park and crossed over the road to meet Katie. 

We went into Trinity and went in a couple of shops - I got some birthday presents for Lee's upcoming birthday. We had a coffee in Costa. Then we went up to The Alchemist where Katie had booked a table. It wasn't very busy at all and we got nice comfy seats. 

We each ordered a mocktail as we weren't drinking. Katie had this ice cream bubble thing which was rhubarb flavoured, and I had a virgin pornstar which was delicious. For food I had smoked burnt ends tacos which were vegan and tasted so good! I miss beef burnt ends and these were a really good approximation. I think I had some kind of potato side with them, too. 

We decided to not get dessert but had a glass of prosecco each which we sipped slowly while chatting a mile a minute. I met Katie on my first day at uni because we lived in the same house. It turned out we were both from Wakefield and we were both doing Theology. Weird! We lived together all three years and she was one of my bridesmaids when I got married. She's one of my favourite people and I really like just chatting to her. 

We finally left The Alchemist and I mentioned I was going to go to Hotel Chocolat for a hot chocolate so Katie said she would come with me. I had a hot chocolate and a piece of brownie or something, I can't remember now. We kept ON chatting - we honestly could talk for days. We finally said goodbye and I think it was after 4pm by the time I got home. I went into the kitchen to find Kiki looking cute on the duvet that lives on the sofa in the kitchen, so I took a photo of her. She is a pretty little cat! 

I forgot to get a picture of us, and I didn't get a picture of my outfit either so I can't tell you about that. Oh well! I had a good day with my friend. 


I bought an eyeliner with a winged stamp thing on it, and this was my first time using it. It works pretty well, it looks cute! 


Virgin pornstar cocktail 


And Katie's bubble drink


Plant based burnt ends tacos which I would definitely eat again


And here's Kiki

No comments:

Post a Comment