Monday, September 22, 2014

11 Things Post

The lovely Janet over at Words Can Only Be Your Own recently did this post so I thought I'd join in. I've been reading Janet's blog for years and I love it, she's such a good writer.

Here are the rules:

- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions given to you by the nominator
- Set 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Tag your chosen bloggers and wait to read their answers

So here's 11 things about me you might not know:
- I share my birthday with Dolly Parton, Janis Joplin, Edgar Allen Poe and Paul Cezanne
- I was due on my dad's 31st birthday but was four days early
- My first degree is in Theology because I love learning about all religions and spiritualities and how people came by their beliefs
- I met Lee through a Manic Street Preachers chat room
- My wedding and engagement rings were made by my dad's cousin who is a jeweller
- All I wanted growing up was a cat that would sleep on my feet and early in 2007 we rescued Ivy and she does in fact sleep on my feet
- I am rubbish at cooking but I do make a mean Victoria sponge
- I have five tattoos and two more booked; if I had unlimited money I would be covered in them
- I would love to make a business out of running workshops and things like that
- I have far far far too many books but BOOKS ARE GREAT
- I am passionate about realistic Young Adult literature that reflects the lived experiences of today's teens

Here are Janet's questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
It was about ten years ago and my friend Melly had a blog and through her I discovered others, and got on to Xanga and LJ. I made friends on Xanga and as I was about to get married it became a sort of pre-wedding diary. Then I got into Libertines fandom and started posting on LiveJournal more.
2. What post are you most proud of?
On this blog, I really like that I managed to blog so much in August and share so much of my general life rather than just clothes.

3. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
Seeing my words and pictures come to life

4. And a least favourite?
Uploading photos, what a faff!

5. Important matters now: what's your favourite colour of sweet?
I’m very partial to the blackcurrant ones

4. And what's your least favourite?
Green, duh.

5. What is your favourite flower?
Tulips or lilies or snowdrops. I love flowers.

6. Did you have a favourite dressing up outfit as a child (or, indeed, as an adult)?
The only one I can actually remember owning was a tabard that my mum had had at work, we used to play shop with it. I don’t really like fancy dress!

7. Zayn or Harry?
HARRY. Sorry what.
My longer answer is, both! I like Harry’s aesthetic, he’s very pretty and from what I’ve seen on Tumblr of him, he’s really getting comfortable with himself and I like that. I like Zayn especially because he is from Bradford, and I also think a lot of the hate he gets is pure Islamophobia and I would like to combat that. So, BOTH.

8. What was your best holiday, and why?
Last year when we went to Benidorm was really good!

9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
France, I don’t know where exactly but as long as there were sunflower fields nearby and a swimming pool in the back garden I’d be happy.

10. What's your favourite Christmas tradition?
A few years ago I hand sewed some stockings and the tradition now is to have four or five small presents in them that we open while we’re eating lunch. I like that I started my own tradition!

11. Do you have a nickname?
Lots! Lee calls me Bee, my mum calls me Bec, most other people call me Rebs. My name is very versatile and I don’t really care how you shorten it! 

I'm not going to ask questions, but feel free to answer Janet's too :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment