Sunday, April 19, 2015

A to Z of me - B


Here's another instalment of the A to Z of me. I missed last month because I'm an idiot, but here I am with B!

An author I love:
Judy Blume - I was obsessed with her books when I was younger, and I still think Forever is an excellent portrayal of a teenaged sexual relationship.
Simone de Beauvoir - I haven't read any of her stuff in ages but she was very formative in my early feminism. 

A band I love:
Babyshambles - I've loved the Libertines for a long time, and Peter's other band too. 
Blur - Blur was the first ever gig I saw, at Leeds Town & Country Club in February 1997. I don't listen to them much now but they meant a lot when I was a teenager.
The Beatles - yes it's obvious but my dad liked them. I'm not keen on much of their stuff but I do LOVE Sgt Pepper. I can listen to it from start to finish and feel comforted. 
Billie Holiday - I did a project on her song Strange Fruit at 6th form and still love to listen to her. 
Bob Dylan - I only got into Bob a few years ago but I especially love Desolation Row and Tangled Up in Blue.

Something I love:
Bees! Lovely black and yellow bees! 

Lee and a couple of my friends call me Bee, as a shortening of Rebecca, so I have lots of gifts from them with bees on them. 

A film I love:
Beautiful Thing - this film, about two boys falling in love during a heatwave in the mid 90s, is one of my favourite LGBTQ films. I love how gentle it is. I recommend it!

Somewhere I have been:
Brussels - Lee and I went the February after I turned 18 in 2002. I'd like to go back now we're older, but I was very proud of how we managed to get there on the Eurostar and get around. I had such confidence then!

Somewhere I would like to go:
Barcelona - I have actually been - we went to the 1992 Olympics when I was 8, but I don't remember much of it. I'd love to see it as an adult.
Someone I know:
My friend Bettie who did an excellent job organising Sheffield Zine Fest again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment