Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Visit to Aldeburgh and Snape Maltings

On the Tuesday of our holiday Lee and I went to Aldeburgh and Snape Maltings. We went to Suffolk in 2007 with my mum and dad, shortly before my dad died; he was very ill at the time and it was very sad and stressful. So it was nice to go back to some places and make new memories. The weather was very changeable, it was raining one minute and bright sunshine the next.

We had lunch in the Cragg Sisters Tea Room which I recommend - I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast and a really yummy hot chocolate. We wandered into some shops and got some souvenirs and presents, and I bought a couple of Maggie Stiefvater books in a charity shop for £1.50!


I liked the pattern on the tables in the tea shop!


Fresh fish wasn't available that day unfortunately


I love working ports - fishing is so fascinating.

After we'd been to Aldeburgh we drove through Thorpeness but it was raining, so we went to Snape Maltings which we'd again been to back in 2007. I liked the craft shop, which I don't think was there last time; I bought myself a scented candle and a silver decorated R. We had cake in the cafe and I had Fentiman's rose lemonade for the first time, it was delicious! 



This is a Barbara Hepworth sculpture that they have there, I like her work and she's from my hometown


This was the pond back at our cottage, there were loads of ducks and geese. 


And two boats, for some reason. You'd need the first one to reach the second, weirdly. 


In the games room was a dartboard - I've never played darts before! 


These are my very first darts, one out of three scored....

No comments:

Post a Comment