Monday, March 11, 2019

Films of the Month - January

I am finally almost caught up with posts! I got behind in November when I was doing Nanowrimo, and for all of December and January I've been running weeks behind trying to post. But after a quiet couple of weekends at the end of January and beginning of February, I can confidently say I'm now caught up! Of course, you won't be reading this until March, but that's scheduling for you.

I watched seventeen films in January, and went to the cinema twice! It was a good month filmwise. Except for the last film I saw, which was problematic to say the least. I had heard it wasn't good, but wanted to see it myself. I'm glad I now have a fully formed opinion, but.... It is a bad film. It didn't deserve all the accolades it won. That's all I'm saying.

This is what I watched:


The Force Awakens


The Aristocats

A documentary on YouTube called The Secret of Landfill, interesting but horrifying


The Sound of Music Live


Shaun of the Dead


Love Simon


The Favourite


A Simple Favor (these two posters are so similar!)


Mary Poppins Returns - thought it was great except for Ben Whishaw


The Last Jedi (so emo)


About A Boy


101 Dalmatians


Logan, which is great but so dark


Queen Days of Our Lives - really good documentary about the band


Men in Black - one of mine and Lee's favourite films, and yes I'm very excited for the fourth one! 



Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - weird, just weird

And lastly the film that was really problematic

No comments:

Post a Comment