Saturday, March 30, 2019

Films of the Month - February

I only watched twelve films in February, but it's a short month and there was loads of good TV on instead! I watched some good stuff, though, and settled down to watch quite a few films with Lee, a perfect activity for a dark evening!


Lee and I love Monsters Inc, it's one of my favourite Pixar films and never gets old


Loads of my friends love Call Me By Your Name so I thought I'd watch it. I liked it but didn't think it was amazing


My friend Jane recommended this spoof documentary to me, and now I'll pass that on. It's really funny and fun to watch


I made Lee watch Bring It One which is one of my favourite teen films. He liked it, he didn't like Mean Girls when we watched that a couple of years ago, so this did better than that! My friend Kate made a Bring It On zine which I had just read


I of course haven't missed all the hype about A Star Is Born so I thought I'd watch it. Lady Gaga is absolutely perfect, but I thought Bradley Cooper was just a bit generic.


Someone had recommended Manchester by the Sea to me. It isn't like I thought, but I liked Casey Affleck and the story is really well done, albeit sad.


My friend Kate is also making a zine about Magic Mike, so I needed to watch the second one to write a piece for her. I liked it, not as much as the first one, but I maintain that these are really feminist films, written for a female gaze and extremely pretty to boot.


Lee and I watched this one Friday evening while we were having tea, I'm not sure if I've ever seen it all before? It's cute


This was on Netflix and looked like fun, and it is. It also has Richard Madden in, who I really like.


I really liked King of Thieves, the true story about the Hatton Garden bank vault robbery a few years ago. It was disconcerting to hear Michael Caine swearing so much! But it's really funny


I watched La La Land while not really sure what to expect. I thought Emma and Ryan were both great, but the story was just lacking? The dancing was excellent, though. 


Lastly Lee and I watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, we saw the trailer when it was at the cinema ages ago and fancied it, so I suggested it. I thought the story was really good and really well done, you didn't really like any of the characters?! Woody Harrelson was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment