Monday, November 13, 2023

Trip to Mallorca - Day 4

On the Tuesday of our holiday we again slept in and missed breakfast, so we got into our swimming stuff and went to the snack bar at about 11.30am. We then sat round the top pool all day, again chasing the shade because really neither of us wanted to get burnt or get too much sun. I was listening to some music - Lee had bought me some wireless headphones the week before we went specifically for this reason. 

We had an ice cream at some point; we walked down to the shop together and I chose this caramel Magnum thingy. They're so good! I also had a beer at some point in the afternoon. We had a shower and walked down the huge hill to El Arenal sea front. 

We watched the sun set over what must have been Magaluf, and we walked on the front a little bit. We went in some souvenir shops and looked at a few restaurants. We saw one that was doing crepes and decided to go there the next day when we were down on the beach. But we eventually chose one that had a bunch of tables over on the beach side so that was nice. It didn't have many vegetarian options so I decided to have the prawn, avocado, and mango salad. It was really nice! I really enjoyed it. We also shared some bread and aioli and olives, and for dessert we each had ice cream. Mine was banana flavoured and really nice! I also had some white sangria which I've only had once before and which I really like and was glad was on the menu!

We walked back up to the hotel which took a while because it was half a mile away - but we managed it and I'm really pleased I managed to walk so far! I took some pictures of the top pool by night. I really loved lying in bed with the balcony door open and letting the warm breeze come in. I got a tacky fan, too - it was only a few euros. I love fans for when the weather is really hot and this is my fourth one - I have ones from Carcassonne, Florence, Venice, and now Mallorca! 


The window and balcony you can see behind me are our room. I got these sunglasses for our vow renewal and sometimes Lee wears them and sometimes I wear them! I like them!


Caramel magnum


And my beer later on


Wearing one of my favourite dresses to go out in in the evening, you all know how much I love this dress. It came from Simply Be's Sprinkle of Glitter collection about ten years ago, and I will be devastated when something happens to it! It's perfect when the weather is hot!


Me down on the beach with the setting sun behind me


And here's Lee with me too


The sun didn't quite set over the sea, but over the land


But it was very beautiful all the same!


Here you can see the end of the bit of bay that we were staying in 


And now the sun has gone


So beautiful!


This was close to where we ate - I loved the palm trees


White sangria! It was delicious


Bread and aioli and olives - I ate a lot of olives!


My lovely salad


Ice creams at the end!


Walking back along the sea front on our way back


Look at the beautiful sea and sky!


This hostel was just down from our hotel and was really cute and pretty. I could see it lt up from our balcony 


This was one of the other pools - we had tried this one and it was really nice


This was the bottom pool by night


And finally my tacky fan - can't wait to use it next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment