Friday, November 10, 2023

Trip to Mallorca - Day 3

On the Monday of our holiday we went into Palma, which we probably would have done anyway, but it turned out my friend Clay was in Mallorca the same time we were! She lives in Germany and we've been friends online for a long time but have never met before, so we arranged to meet up. So Lee and I got up early and went down to breakfast in the hotel. Then we walked down to the bus stop out of the bottom entrance of the hotel. We actually miscalculated and went to the second stop along, meaning the bus was quite busy by the time we got on it, and we had to stand up the whole way. Not ideal for me! I think if we had got on the first stop, we would have got seats. Oh well! 

It took about thirty-five minutes to get into Palma, via the motorway. We have actually been to Palma before - we stopped there on the last day of our cruise back in 2018. We were only there for the day though. But our bus stopped at the same place we had been then, by the beach, so we were somewhat familiar with it. We walked round the cathedral and through the little streets and into some shops. Lee made me pose with this huge panda which was very weird! But I did it. I also didn't know that Mallorca is famous for pearls, so we went in one shop and bought me a pair of swirly pearls, which I really liked. They were eighteen euros I think. The shop had tons of stuff which was really expensive and other people in it were spending a lot of cash! 

We found somewhere to sit for a bit in the shade as it was really warm in the city and we were getting tired. We met up with Clay at about 12.45 in a really cute little cafe. They did food but Lee and I weren't hungry as we had had a big breakfast so we didn't bother getting anything to eat. I did have a lovely glass of cava, though, which was lush! We sat there until about 2pm before saying goodbye to Clay - it was so lovely to meet her! 

We walked back past the other side of the cathedral with Clay and then she went a different way to do some shopping. Lee and I went for ice creams and it turned out the place had zero sugar zero caffeine coke too, which is perfect for us! We fortunately could sit in the shade while we waited for the bus. This time I managed to get a seat which was good as I was in a lot of pain by this point. Once we got off the bus we then had to walk back up the very steep hill to our hotel - it was actually fine but we had to psyche ourself up each time! 

We got changed into our swimming stuff and went down by the pool for the last couple of hours or so. The black and white cat was in the plants this time, bless her. We had a lie down for a bit which was blissful because we had the balcony door open so the warm breeze could come it. We got showered and went down to the restaurant for food. I think that was the night Lee was happy because they had roast chicken. In the bar afterwards I had a lovely cold beer - I don't often drink beer at all but when the weather is hot and the beer is cold it's ideal! We also saw a black cat who was drinking from  the bottom pool! So cute. 

During the day I was wearing this mustard coloured cotton dress that came from Simply Be a few years ago. It's so thin and floaty and I just love the style of it - it's perfect for a hot holiday! I was wearing Snag shorts underneath to stop my thighs chafing. In the evening I put on this dotted green dress that was from Yours earlier this year. It's really nice for a holiday too! 

Some of these photos are Lee's. 


Gorgeous mustard dress for the day. My headband came off Amazon earlier this year; I got loads in a packet although I don't wear them often


My photo of Palma cathedral from where we got off the bus


And Lee's photo of the same


Lee took this photo of these pretty fountains


This was the lake where we met Lee's dad and stepmum back in 2018. There were tons of people selling counterfeit goods around the cathedral, and a market


Lee made me pose for this photo - the panda was mildly terrifying!


A pretty street on our way up past the cathedral. The steps were steep but we took it slowly


Close up of the cathedral - we didn't go in but I've heard it's beautiful


Lee's photo of the same


These streets were all so narrow! And cute!


This was the entrance to a garden where we sat for a little bit. The gardens were in need of water


These streets were really close to where we met Clay


So narrow and yet some did have cars going up and down them!


We sat in this courtyard for a while too - this was the entrance to a convent! But people were also hiring bikes and segways here too


Clay and me! Her hair is so long and beautiful!


My lovely glass of cava


These are the earrings that I got - you can't see the swirl very much but they're really pretty


A different viewpoint of the cathedral


Looking out over the harbour from the plaza in front of the cathedral. We could see a few cruise ships in the terminal!


Coffee ice cream for me


This is the steep hill we had to walk up every day to get back to the hotel! It doesn't look that steep in the photos but believe me it was! 


Little cat sitting in the plant


My view of the pool that day


Little black cat by the bottom pool as we were on our way to the restaurant


Beer! I don't even think it was branded, but it might have been San Miguel. It was pretty tasty whatever it was


A photo from our balcony when we got back to the room


And my green polka dotted dress that evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment