Saturday, November 18, 2023

Trip to Mallorca - Day 6

On the Thursday of our holiday we had talked about going down to the beach front to eat crepes, but we actually decided we were too knackered from the day before so decided we would just stay around the pool all day. We got up late and went to the snack bar for brunch as we had previously. We left our towels at the pool as we did that and noticed someone had a little kitten on one of the sun loungers. As we got back from lunch we saw that the kitten belonged to the cat that we had seen previously! Someone fed it some milk and then the cat came along, making sure her kitten was okay. Then she picked it up and washed it, and then it followed her back behind a building which is where they seemed to live! The kitten was SO little! It was so lovely to see!

Lee went down to the bar at one point and discovered that there was decaf coffee available so he brought us one of those each which was lovely. I was using my new headphones listening to some music and sunbathing and basically soaking up all the Vitamin D. 

We went down to the bottom pool at one point but it was too cold to swim in. We dithered on the steps for a bit but then I did a length and back but it was really too cold for it. It didn't have much of the sun in October and I think that was the problem. We had a drink in the bar instead for some time out of the sun, and then got ice creams on the way back up. The shop had a good choice of ice cream which was good! 

We stayed in the pool area until about 5.30, but the last time I got in I started to shiver. I think I had too much sun as that often happens to me if I've had too much sun, so we decided to call it a day a bit earlier. I think I had a nap before I got a shower and we went down for food. It was a nice, relaxing day!



Pool cat and her kitten! I can't explain just how little it was!


This was my view for most of the day, blissful. One type of sun lounger was absolutely no good for me - I was worried I was going to break it - but these ones were good


Decaf coffee and my ear bud holder - it charges them! It's living in the modern age!


This was the building we were in, I took this to show my mum


And although my finger is in this photo, I'm posting because it shows that the shade was on us part of the day!


This was the bottom pool that was absolutely freezing. As you can see there wasn't much sun on it


Cocktail time!


We must have moved to the other side of the pool by this point


Lee had had one of these XXL Cornettos earlier in the week so I had one too. They're huge! Really gorgeous though, I will look out for them again


The sun was setting by this point 


Wearing this Yours dress for the evening. Again it's perfect for my holidays and I liked it with these yellow sandals. You can also see the little bag I took so I didn't have to carry my entire handbag with me


This was in the bar area; the restaurant was in the basement of this building. I'm glad we weren't staying in there though because it was loud


I took this from our balcony. I think this was the evening we rang Lee's mam to show her too which was nice


And the same view just zoomed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment