Friday, February 16, 2024

Boxing Day 2023

I usually enjoy Boxing Day a whole lot because it's really relaxed and fun. However, I slept really badly on Christmas Day night and felt awful in the morning on Boxing Day. I think my brain just broke a bit. I've had a lot going on and I think my adrenaline had just gone. I struggled to get up and showered, so it was nearly midday before I was dressed and downstairs. It didn't matter, really, but I did feel like I had wasted half the day! 

We had Christmas dinner leftovers for lunch at about 1.30. It was delicious, as usual. We listened to some of the records Lee and I had got for Christmas, and played some games. However, I still felt terrible. I had a very brief nap at about 4.30pm, and when I woke up literally about fifteen minutes later, I felt way better. I came round a bit! 

I hadn't taken any photos until this point, but then my mum gave my cats some treats and Poppy was being so cute asking for them that I took a couple of photos of her. We played cards which I always enjoy, and we had some Christmas cake later on in the evening. My stepdad and I had it with Wensleydale which is traditional in parts of Britain and it's delicious! 

I was wearing this Judi Love at Very dress which I love so much and it's perfect for a special occasion. It's black, with sheer sleeves and gold stars dotted on it. I wore starry tights from Snag too but you can't see them in the photo. 

The other photos are of a couple of presents - a poster from Lee and the hamper that his brother and sister in law put together for us. It's amazing, full of so many delicious things! Plus there's a couple of things in it that Lee doesn't like so I'll have to eat them myself, like the brandy snaps! 

We went to bed and I threw up - so maybe the problem all day was just that I felt under the weather? I'm not sure but I did feel way better once I'd actually been sick which often happens to me! I was happy to get to bed though. 


Look at Poppy's little feet stretching up to my mum for a treat. She's been overgrooming herself and has bald bits down both sides of her body. We've had her back and forth to the vet and can't find anything much wrong with her. It's the first week in January as I am writing this though and she's been diagnosed with allergies and we have to give her a tablet a day. It is growing back and she seems less stressed, just a bit bald!


She is too cute though. Jasmine was nearby too, don't worry!


This was what I got in The Broke and the Bookish's swap, which I've done for a few years now. The books are all off my wishlist and I'm excited to read all of them! I got some lovely things alongside, too, including treats for the cats which is a really lovely thought, and some handmade things which are beautiful


This was Gwen and Janet's swap and my partner was Kathryn, who you may remember from blogging back in the day. She and I have really similar taste in books so I am really intrigued by these books and will have to get to them soon


Lee bought me this poster and it's going straight on the wall, believe me


Judi Love dress in my mum's kitchen


Christmas cake and cheese, delish!


And finally here's the hamper Chris and Gemma gave us

No comments:

Post a Comment