Saturday, February 24, 2024

New Year's Eve 2023

For New Year Lee and I went to my aunt's house in Surrey. We weren't sure what we were going to do, but after the bereavement in December I wanted to be with family so I asked if we could go too as my mum and stepdad were already due to go. Lee was playing a gig on the 30th and he didn't want to cancel it, so we set off on New Year's Eve. We got to Caroline's just before 4pm due to some traffic and that we had stopped for lunch. My cousin Peter was there and was staying for the night too! I didn't know! I had asked if he would be there (he lives in Southampton with his wife now, but she was working both days as she works in theatre) but he said he didn't think so, so it was such a lovely thing to have him there!

We swappped presents and then played with the games we had given Neil, which was fun. I got changed into my evening outfit and so did some other people. During the day I was wearing my "We are the weirdos, mister" t shirt which I got from Grin in 2022 in Afflecks Palace in Manchster, and one of my flamingo skirts. This one came from Interrobang Art and I love it - especially because it has pockets! I had also put on my new cowboy boots that my mum bought me for Christmas and I'm happy to say they were really comfortable. 

In the evening I was wearing an old Scarlett and Jo dress which is grey with polka dots on. I've had it ages but don't wear it often, but I can't really explain why because it's really nice. I wore it for my other cousin's wedding but that was way back in 2017! It's nice and sheer so would be great for the summer but it's good for a house party too.

We had pizza and snacks for tea and then played games in the evening before welcoming in the new year at midnight. Lee and I didn't go to bed until well after 1am! I usually don't like new year's eve but this one felt really okay this time. I was honestly glad to see the back of 2023. 


New boots! They have a bit of a heel but I could walk fine in them. My only disappointment is that they don't have clicky heels! 


When we arrived Peter had double decker cats on him - I think they miss him. The grey one is Max and the floofy ginger one is Charlie


Here's my outfit when I arrived


Annual tradition of a photo of me and Peter. My lipstick was an Avon one and it's very Barbie, I love it


I gave Peter this handmade (although not by me) headband that I had got for him. I got a pink one for his wife Beth, too


Playing one of Neil's silly games


It was fun and funny, even to watch


My mum wanted me to take this photo of her to show my stepcousin her earrings, which Niri bought for her. Aren't they cute?


Neil made us all pose for a photo so here we all are saying 'Yeah!' or something like that


And here's my dress later on, I do like it


No comments:

Post a Comment