Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Films of the Month - December

I watched thirteen films in December which was a decent number, and which bring my total in 2023 to 123. This is down on previous years but I don't really mind as I had a couple of really low months. I am already doing better in 2024! Here's what I saw in December:


Lee and I started off the festive season with The Santa Clause, which I haven't seen for ages but enjoy. I like Tim Allen a lot


Okay so it's not a Christmas film but I was sort of sick of the first two Die Hard films so suggested we watched the third one instead. Samuel L Jackson is so good!


I love watching the Flint Street Nativity, where a bunch of comedians and comic actors play kids in a nativity play. It's so funny and I really like it. I think Frank Skinner doing his Question of Sport impressions is really funny. I mentioned this to my mum and she watched it too with my stepdad, who had never seen it. Who put baby Jesus in with Michael Owen?!


Netflix recommended Family Switch to me and I quite enjoyed it - the kids become the grown ups and the baby becomes the dog, like a Freaky Friday for the whole family. Jennifer Garner was really good and I just found the whole thing a bit cute 


Lee and I watched Mean Girls together. It's one of my faves but he had only seen it once before I think. I love it, it's ridiculous 


I watched the third in Kenneth Brannagh's Poirot series and I liked it. Venice looked beautiful. I still don't quite buy Brannagh as Poirot but I do like the films enough


Lee and I watched The Muppet Christmas Carol because it's always so good and we both love it. It was just ten days before Christmas at this point


Agatha and Poirot was a TV film on ITV and I liked it - it had celebrity fans and a lot of information about Agatha Christie and her most famous detective. I'd recommend it if you're a fan


I watched Elvis because I want to watch Priscilla soon. I didn't love it. Austin Butler as Elvis was good, but Tom Hanks was terrible, but then, I'm not usually a Hanks fan anyway. I wouldn't run to rewatch this


I love Chicken Run and it always feels like a Christmas film even though it's obviously not. It's just so cute


Lee and I watched Elf together as it's a Christmas film he really likes. Again I don't really like Will Ferrell but find him tolerable in this


Lee and I watched Home Alone just a few days before Christmas because it's a classic and it's ridiculous and I love it


Netflix thought I might want to watch the new sequel to Chicken Run, so I did. I didn't love it - it was quite cute in places but lacked some of the charm of the original


Finally I watched The Stepford Wives because I had listened to a podcast about the book and was intrigued. I remember the film coming out but hadn't seen it before. I liked it, the cast is really good

No comments:

Post a Comment