Thursday, February 25, 2016

Books books books!

I have a lot of books. I love books! I read a lot! I have a tablet that I use the Kindle app on, but I still like paper books, and I've been collecting them for like fifteen years so, you know, there's lots. Our house is pretty small. We have a large attic room on the 2nd floor, but the first floor is made up of our bedroom (which is pretty big, but full of clothes/furniture), the bathroom, and the very tiny spare bedroom. It's around 4 foot by 8 foot, at the most. We have a 2'6" bed in there, which has storage underneath for jigsaws and board games and stuff, but the rest of the room was taken up by books.

When we bought the house this room had two Ikea shelves on the wall, so we just left them there. A few years ago we bought a big bookshelf from the British Heart Foundation shop in Barnsley town centre, and also a stereo cabinet. These were both full, and books had started to pile up on the floor. It was pretty bad.

So for Christmas my mum and stepdad bought us one of those square bookshelves from Ikea. We have something similar, although bigger, in the attic, so I knew how much you can fit on those shelves. A couple of weeks ago Lee and I started to go through my books. I got rid of LOTS that I've read and won't read again; they've gone to friends or the charity shop. I've split the books into those I've read and those I haven't. I rarely re-read, so the ones I've read went to the bottom or the back of the shelves. There isn't much space between the bed and the new bookshelf, but I've slept in there and it's quite cosy!

Here's some pictures.


The empty bookshelf. My mum told me we could have whatever colour we wanted, but this turned out to be the cheapest one. I like the bright whiteness of it!


These are all our books about music. Lee owns very few books but most of these are his. This is one of the wall shelves; I painted them white years ago. The shelf above is full of Lee's magazines and stuff.


These are all unread and are mostly Young Adult ones that I've acquired over the past two or three years! Books are tripled layered here - yep there's loads!


These are mostly read books. You can see the, what, eight inches between the bed and bookshelf.


This is the bookshelf from the British Heart Foundation. Books are double layered here.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment