Thursday, April 13, 2023

Brunch with Roslyn and a New Skirt

On the 5th of March I went to Fox Valley to meet my friend Roslyn. We often go there as it's halfway between our houses, roughly, and it's accessible for both of us. We planned to go in The Lounge that's there, so when I arrived first I went in. But there was a huge queue and our wait would have been forty-five minutes. So instead I headed to McGilveray's which is just opposite. I've looked at their menu before but their vegetarian main course choices are really limited. But their breakfast menu had plenty of veggie choices so I decided it would be fine for us. 

I had a coffee while I waited for Roslyn, and then we both ordered the meat free breakfast. Roslyn is also a vegetarian so that's good. We then both had a slice of chocolate cake too, which was really nice and homemade and just enough for pudding. We walked to Holland & Barrett where I bought some snacks. We said goodbye after that and I drove home. 

I was wearing this skirt for the first time. It used to be a dress  from Lindy Bop and it belonged to my friend Gemma. She passed it on to me, and I knew that the bodice wouldn't fit me, but the skirt would. So I asked my mum to alter it. It was a bit of a challenge because it had a zip down one side and pockets, the first of which had to be removed and the second of which had to be preserved. But she likes a challenge! Promise. The lining is a bit wonky but otherwise it's good. I love the print on it and I'm really glad I can wear it now!

I wore it with my Pits & Perverts: Lesbians and Gay Men Support the Miners t-shirt which I really like. I also had on these pale green Snag tights, I think my aunt bought me them for my birthday last year but I hadn't yet worn them. But I knew they'd go with this skirt so I pulled them out. I have been wearing my Dr Marten boots that came from Vinted almost every day since I got them at Christmas. I swear when it's a bit less cold I'll wear some other shoes, but these are so comfortable and I just love them!


Veggie breakfast


Chocolate cake! So good!


T shirt and new-to-me skirt


Green tights and boots


Finally, I refound this necklace in my jewellery stuff recently and pulled it out to wear, it's so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment