Sunday, April 16, 2023

Mid March Weekend

Mid March brought a ton of snow to our house, meaning that my lunch plans with Chloe and Lolly got cancalled, and meaning that I didn't leave the house for three whole days, which drove me a little bit loopy if I'm honest. So on the Saturday morning I suggested to Lee that we go out into town. I wanted a new sewing box because mine got dropped and broke, and I thought I'd be able to find one in The Range. Lee wanted a new hard drive for one of his computers, so we went to Currys and then Argos but they didn't have what he wanted. We went into The Range where I did indeed get a sewing box and some paper. Then Lee thought CEX might have what we wanted to we went into town and parked. CEX did indeed have what he wanted. We also had sandwiches for lunch in a little cafe and went into The Works and a couple of other places too. It was honestly so nice to get out!

In the afternoon we sorted out some of the stuff that had come from my grandma's house, including a vase in her favourite china pattern. I cut down some daffodils to fit in it, they look lovely on my desk. I love daffodil season and have had a few lots so far. 

In the evening I went to meet my friend Gillian for tea. Her kids were at their grandma's so she was free so suggested we meet up. We went to The Old Post Office which isn't far from where my mum lives. We used to go when I was a kid and it had a great playground, and I noticed a post recently saying it had a new menu. It was really busy with a nice atmosphere and we had nice food. I had a falafel burger and then brownie for dessert, which were both lovely. 

I was wearing this new skirt which is a Scarlett & Jo one. I have the green and yellow ones that are similar, so you might recognise them. I should have bought the purple one way back in the day but I didn't and I've regretted it ever since. Then one popped up on Vinted so I bought it! It is a size 20 which is not my size; the waistband was slightly tight on me which would have made it uncomfortable to wear. But I knew there was well enough fabric to fit me, so I asked my mum to put a different waistband on, which she did. She is so good! I love it! I wore it with my Lizzo t shirt. 

On Sunday Lee and I went out for lunch with my mum and stepdad. We went to the Waggon and Horses in Oxspring which is about ten minutes away from our house and I've been wanting the four of us to go for ages. I've been before for my craft club Christmas dinner so I know it's all home cooked food and just really good. 

I had Yorkshire puddings to start with and then a halloumi burger, they were both nice. Everyone was too full for a pudding but agreed it was a lovely pub with really nice staff. 

I was wearing my red and navy Joe Browns dress which I really like, and I paired it with a navy cardigan, navy tights from Snag, and a navy headband. It is a nice outfit I think!


I had painted my nails with this Nails Inc polish which is perfectly nice but is a bit too similar to my skin tone for my liking. It also could have used four coats but I don't have time in my life for that to be honest


Purple S&J skirt, modded by my mum, and my Lizzo t shirt

I also want to say that I'm suffering from anaemia at the moment and my hair is really suffering with it, I am so self conscious about it and hate it!


Daffodils in my grandma's vase


Falafel burger, it came with THE most chunky chips and a couple of onion rings


Me and Gillian - she is one of my favourite people ever and I consider it a privilege to be her friend


Lovely warm brownie


And on Sunday, here's my Yorkshire pudding starter


And halloumi burger - actually the name might be a bit of a stretch but it was delicious


My lovely red and navy dress and outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment