Saturday, March 2, 2024

Lunch with Sarah 10th January

On the 10th of January I went over to my friend Sarah's house. As a reminder, she is the friend who lost her husband Tom very suddenly just three weeks before Christmas. The funeral was on the 5th of January and we went to his celebration of life on the 6th. So this was the first week of whatever will be a new normal for Sarah, and as I was free I wanted to go over. 

I also wanted her to wax my eyebrows! Sarah is a make up artist and she's done my brows before, but not for ages. I wanted them doing before my birthday the week after this. I usually just leave my eyebrows alone but I was excited to get them done! I arrived at Sarah's at about noon and she did my brows almost straight away. They look great! 

We then walked round to a pub near her house for lunch. There weren't tons of veggie options but I was happy - I would have just had chips and bread or something if it had come to it! But they had a veggie fajita which came with salad and chips and we also shared some onion rings. It was really nice, decent food and well priced. I would go again with Sarah! We had a coffee afterwards as we were both full of food!

We talked about anything and everything - obviously we talked about Tom and there were some tears but also a lot of laughs and a lot of plans for the future. Sarah is doing okay and I think that's brilliant. 

I left about 2.30 so got home just after 3. I was wearing my apothecary patterned dress which is so comfy, and my rainbow striped cardigan which is really warm which was needed because it was a cold day! My tights were lilac and from Snag of course, I wore them not so long ago too. 


Veggie fajita and chips and salad, so good!


Sarah wanted us to take a photo because that's normality, that's what we would normally do


Apothecary dress and striped cardigan


And here's a close up of my eyebrows, they look so good! I will get her to do it again in a few months I think

No comments:

Post a Comment