Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sheffield Zine Fest 2016

30th April was the 4th annual Sheffield Zine Fest and it was a fantastic day as in previous years. Lee and I took our distro and had a great position next to Lou from Our Victory Line. We've got loads of lovely zines now, they looked fabulous all set out. I have two new ones - #8 of my perzine Opinionated Nobody and one that I've just finished which is about my life as a Manic Street Preachers fan. Contact me if you'd like either of these!

I ran a mail art workshop where we made envelopes from scrapbooking paper and also decorated blank postcards. My friends Kerrie and Sarah-Beth came, my penpal Rosie did too, and also fellow zinester Jacq! I hope they all enjoyed it.

After the fest had finished, eight of us went to Saigon 68 for food, which is one of my favourite places in Sheffield. The portions are huge and the prices are low, and it's really yummy food. I had a really lovely day and can't wait to do it all again next year!


My stall, plus Lou next to us!


Close up of those lovely lovely zines


And the other side


And finally these are all the goodies I brought home!

No comments:

Post a Comment