Sunday, June 5, 2016

Long Weekend in France - Part I

At the beginning of May my godmother got married - in France! She and her husband have lived there permanently for a few years and had a very lovely wedding with just 30 of us there. We were there for 3 nights and I could have stayed much longer! It was lovely.

This was Thursday. We had to get up at 3.30am to get to Leeds Bradford airport for our 6.15am flight. It was ridiculous! But we saw the sunrise which is definitely a rare event for me.

Our Ryanair flight was around 90 minutes long and it was fine - I don't love flying but it's never as bad as I think it's going to be. We got our hire care at Limoges airport and set off to my godmother's house for breakfast.

They were having their wedding reception at a lovely little chateau and lots of the guests stayed there. The four of us (me, Lee, my mum and stepdad) were lucky enough to stay in the cottage attached to the chateau which has only just been finished, and to a really nice standard.

On Thursday evening my godmother had a get-together for everyone in the garden of their house, which was really lovely because it gave us a chance to meet everyone before the wedding. Some of their French friends were there and they don't all speak English, so my A level French was employed so that they didn't feel left out. It was a really special evening and the champagne was flowing freely so I may have drunk nothing else - it's so delicious!


Sunrise from the plane window


Hi Limoges, bye aeroplane!


Lying in the garden at our cottage sunbathing. It was about 20 degrees and although it was quite windy it was lovely to lie and read in. 


And here's the tables all set up for the meal, didn't it look lovely? We had a delicious cold buffet of meat, fish, salads, and so on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment