Thursday, October 6, 2016

Meeting up with Penpals

I've been a member of the League of Extraordinary Penpals ever since it first launched years back, and recently I've made a whole bunch of new penpals there which has been lovely. My pal Rosie came to Sheffield Zine Fest in April, so when she said we should organise a meet up in Sheffield I jumped at the chance. It was a gorgeous Sunday and I drove into the middle of Sheffield and managed to park my car close to where we were meeting.


Jess, Rosie, and me. Photo by Rosie!

We met at Starbucks and had a coffee and a chat. There were five of us: me, Rosie, Jess, Paula, and Kit. I was so nervous but felt I did okay. After coffee we went across to Paperchase which I haven't been in in ages, so I spent £20 on this little lot.


Posing outside Paperchase



Two lined A4 pads, two writing sets, and two sheets of stickers. I get 10% off at Paperchase as I'm a student.

After we'd perused Paperchase we went for lunch at Saigon 68 which is one of my favourite places to eat in Sheffield. Everyone liked it which I was pleased about!


Paula, Kit, me and Jess. Photo by Rosie

After lunch we went to Rosie's house and there we got down to the serious business of letter writing! The living room was a flurry of stationery and stickers. We made a mini zine about the day too, which was nice. 

I finally got home around 8.30pm and was absolutely exhausted, so I got straight into bed. It was a lot of fun though and Rosie and I are already planning the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment