Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Christmas Day 2019

We were at my mum's for Christmas Day and it was a really nice chilled out day. I often find Christmas Day really stressful for a number of reasons, but this was one of the best ones I've had. It was just relaxed and lovely. 

My grandma came for the day so there were five of us and it was a really chilled day. We had our starter about 1pm, then main course around 3.30pm, and finally pudding some time after that. It works really well for us. We opened presents in the middle and then in the evening we played games which was fun. Lee got Trivial Pursuit and Linkee as presents, both of which we played and which were good. We didn't own Trivial Pursuit before and my mum's edition has questions from 1989 which is pretty hilarious. 

Anyway, let me share some photos. 


What I wore. This skirt is about mid shin on me, and I made it! I bought the material a few months ago and borrowed my mum's sewing machine. I think it is actually material for curtains - it's quite thick silk in these two shades of green. I loved it and I think it's nice in a skirt. My seams are really straight and I'm proud of it! My mum (the seamstress) liked it too


Lee got this Star Wars t-shirt as a present from his sister so wore it on Christmas Day. It's lovely! I love the faded vintage look to it


One of my mum's presents to me was this Christmas cake! Lee doesn't like Christmas cake so I never make or buy one but I miss it! So my mum made the cake, and then asked her friend Louise's daughter Liv to decorate it. I love it! There's silver sparkle on it, too. It tastes so good!


One of the first presents I opened was from my friend Jane. Jane turned 30 last September and I sent her a book of poems that I copied out and a book of song lyrics that reminded me of her or whatever. So in return she sent me this diary which has a quote for EVERY SINGLE DAY of the year written in it. I LOVE it so much. It is such a special and thoughtful gift and I am so happy to call Jane my friend. It made me cry! It's lovely


My mum always takes a special pride in the dining table and this year she had bought this pretty purple tablecloth in France to use. It's lovely, isn't it?


Me and Lee


I had asked if we could have cauliflower cheese so I was tasked with making the cheese sauce. There was maybe a bit too much - there's more sauce than cheese here I swear!


The nut roast came out great! I really liked it, and although everyone else tried it, none of them liked it sadly


Oh! My mum bought me a new dressing gown. My old one was tatty and horrible, so I sent her a few that I liked and she chose this one. It's a Simply Be/Pretty Secrets one and it's that waffle stuff which is really good to dry off in!


Here's some of the books I got. Over on my book blog you can see my reviews of them as I'm aiming to read them all sooner rather than later


And finally Lee bought me a smart watch type of thing. I mainly want it as a step counter and timer. This one has no brand, but it does have a nice big face and a lilac silicon strap, both of which I like. I'm impressed with it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment