Sunday, February 16, 2020

Christmas Eve 2019

Christmas Eve was pretty quiet for me and Lee for most of the day. Neither of us were working so we had a quiet day just in our house. I had a present to finish off for my aunt and I also made myself some new jewellery. I have a bead subscription box where every month I get some beads and fixings through the post for just £5. It's a bargain but I don't often get round to using them and I need to, so I was happy to make these gold and burgundy earrings and bracelet for me to wear. Then about 4pm I had a shower and about 5pm we packed up the car with all our stuff and all the presents and set off to my mum's.

She had made us a veggie chilli for tea and was very concerned in case it was horrible, but it was really lovely and she needn't have worried! Afterwards, she and I made my vegan nut roast for me to eat with Christmas dinner the next day. It was this recipe from Jack Monroe and it was really easy to make. We baked it and then chilled it ready for the next day. My mum also cooked her turkey crown which she often does on Christmas Eve as there's so much else to cook on the day itself. We also prepared potatoes, carrots, and parsnips. The potato situation was a bit hilarious because she had ordered 4 of those packets of 4 potatoes, only someone had substituted that with four 2.5kg BAGS of potatoes, meaning we had around 48 potatoes instead of sixteen!

After that prep was all done we just played a game and had a few drinks, it was nice being just us four!


Earrings - everything was from the box except the red beads which were from a strand that I bought on eBay in November. I was after some green beads for my aunt and ended up buying five different colours. They are all gorgeous though!


These beads were also all from the box again except the red ones. I love these gold ones, I wish there'd been enough for the earrings but this was all of them. Still, I think it works overall


Many, many potatoes


Lee and I bought this glass and another for my stepdad for his birthday which says "All men must serve". I don't watch Game of Thrones but I like the glasses anyway


This is Ruben all happy in his radiator hammock next to me


And here's what I was wearing. The skirt is handmade, my mum made it for me three years ago after she had seen the fabric in a shop. It's a really heavy drapey fabric so I don't wear the skirt too often, but it is cute.

The top is from Simply Be a few years ago, I got it in the sale one January but had never actually worn it. I'd actually forgotten about it until I went through my wardrobe recently. It's a nice sparkle so perfect for Christmas. It's long sleeved but I pushed them up as my mum's house is always hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment