Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Christmas Weekend in Durham

The weekend before Christmas we always go up to Durham to see Lee's family. We usually have a chaotic time with his siblings and his mam and stepdad and our friend Paul, who is an honorary member of the family. Then we usually go out for lunch with his dad and stepmum the next day. It's always a really lovely time and this one was particularly lovely!

I took lots of photos so I think I'll just post those and explain them as I go.


My face! I was wearing a Models Own lip stain, I really like their stuff because it lasts really well


Panorama I took of Lee's mam's back room


Lee, his brother Chris, and Paul


Lee's brother's girlfriend Libby made vegan banana peanut butter brownies, they were really good!


All of Lee's siblings on his mam's side. Kim and Chris, on the far right, are his full siblings. Andrew and Daniel are half brothers


With their mam (she's tiny)


And then all of the girls


I was wearing that new burgundy skirt from New Look and a white top from Simply Be


Paul and Lee, they've been friends for twenty years since they met at 6th form


Me and my niece Caitlin


My niece Leah and Bev and me


Chris and Gemma bought us a chocolate hamper, it's fab!


My niece Tillie was dancing. Her twin Tommy was away with his nana


Kim and Libby were very drunk and dancing all over


Lee's stepdad Gary was dancing to YMCA


Kim and me

On Sunday we went to Lee's dad's for a little while. His other sister Victoria was there, so it was nice to talk to her for a while. Then we went out to an Italian restaurant quite nearby as we could be sure that they would have vegetarian choices. Not all pubs in the north east do veggie options especially on Sundays! They tend to just have three choices of meat for Sunday dinner. 


I had tomato and mozzarella salad which was really lovely


Then I had a mushroom and garlic pizza which was very garlicky but also yummy!

We went back to Lee's mam's house for a bit - there was just Bev, Gary and Daniel there then. We opened our presents from them, I got lots of lovely things including Snow Fairy from Lush (which I love), some earrings, and this vegan cookbook!



We set off back a bit later and as is tradition we drove around the street where Lee's mam grew up as they always have lots of lights and it's just fun! These were the best houses

We got home around 9.30pm and went straight to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment