Monday, July 22, 2024

Holiday in Wales - Day 1

At the beginning of June Lee and I went away to Wales for a week. We stayed in a static caravan on a Vale site about twenty minutes west of Wrexham in North Wales. It was the first proper time Lee had had off all year and he really needed it! We couldn't get into the caravan until 4pm and the drive was only a couple of hours, so I said we should go to Black Sheep Wools on the way.

It's in Warrington and I've bought yarn off the website before, but I know you can visit the warehouse so it's been something I've wanted to do for ages. It was practically on the way to North Wales. We left our house at about 11am and bought some sandwiches from the drive as I know that the shop has a tearoom but I thought it just did hot drinks and cake, so we needed sandwiches for lunch. 

We ate them on the way, listening to music as we do, and we got there about 1pm. I walked round the whole shop, looking at all the yarn and all the kits that they have. I picked up some craft kits, and looked at a cardigan that I want to make. I really want to crochet myslef a garment but I've seen conflicting informations about how much yarn I will need. So I asked a member of staff, Lucy, for help. She was really helpful and nice. I bought several balls of yarn and am hoping to make a garment out of them. I didn't have any hooks with me though and Lee wanted me to get going while I was away, so I bought a hook too. 

We went into the cafe - which actually does do some sandwiches and quiche, which is useful info if you're going! - and I had a coffee and a scone with butter, cream, and jam. Lee had a brownie which was delicious. We set off not too long after that, and hit Wales at about 3pm. However, there was some traffic so it took us until nearly 4pm to actually get to our caravan site. 

It was a big site, and very quiet. The amenities weren't much to write home about, but we don't use much of them anyway. We were too late to go in the pool that evening, which wasa bit of a shame, but we unpacked and got settled in anyway. The caravan was really nice and clean and had everything we needed and more. It didn't have a deck but the one next door was having one installed, so I think ours was probably next on the list. There was barely anyone there. Our caravan had a picnic bench outside and as the weather was nice we ate our tea - leftover shepherd's pie from the previous night - outside. It was a bit cold though - the whole holiday was cold - so we went back inside to watch a film!

I was wearing new earrings I bought recently from Loud Mary, who I've met a few times. I love the pattern of them and will be wearing them loads. I was also wearing my Wednesday t shirt and a Scarlett and Jo skirt.



Here's my face and earrings just before we set off


Cream tea in Black Sheep Wools. All the staff were so lovely


Me outside the shop


Our caravan! Sadly those sliding doors didn't open (but probably will when it has a deck) but the windows did


The front room


A better look at my earrings


There was a bottle of wine left in the fridge for us which was nice, so I opened it straight away!


Here's what I bought at Black Sheep Wools


The picnic table


The sky looked so blue and lovely but it was so cold


Lee and his tea


Looking down the park from where we were


Here's all the crochet I got going with, just simple grannies... I love the colours of the yarn, though


It was too light to see any stars when we went to bed, but the sky looked lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment