Thursday, July 25, 2024

Holiday in Wales - Day 2

On the Saturday of our holiday we went to Wrexham. I had put out a call on my Facebook to see if anyone had any recommendations in the area, and a friend had recommended Ty Pawb in Wrexham. It's an art space with market stalls and food counters, and on the Saturday it also happened to have a Makers Market on too. So I said we should go. We were only about twenty minutes west of Wrexham so it didn't take too long at all. We parked and went into the market. There were some lovely things to buy, but we didn't get anything at first. There's also a great retro gaming shop inside it which was cool to see. We went out of Ty Pawb and into some other shops including a record shop where we bought a couple of things. We went into a little arcade and some nice independent shops. 

We went up some really pretty streets and into St Giles' Church. It had an interesting display inside about D Day, so we read some of that stuff. The ceiling was also really nice and I was glad that a nice volunteer had given me a leaflet about the church. 

We were kind of looking for somewhere to eat, but couldn't find anywhere, so we decided to go back into Ty Pawb where there were a few different food choices. I wanted Welsh Rarebit, but it turned out that it had bacon on, and I don't eat meat. Wtf though, why did it have to have bacon on it?! I should have got a refund and gone elsewhere, but I was flustered, so I decided to just have a jacket potato with cheese and beans. It was fine, but nothing special. Lee had pie and chips which looked amazing. 

We headed back to the caravan site and went swimming. There were a few other people in but the pool was nice enough. It was warm enough, but it needed a bit of refurbishment. It was very from the 1970s! It shut at 5pm so we got out then and got showered and in our pyjamas for the evening. 

Lee made fake bacon and pan haggerty for tea. I've said it before but he always makes pan haggerty on holiday because it's a bit labour intensive. It was delicious! We forgot to get solid cheese to grate so I ended up cutting up slices of cheese with scissors, like you do.

I was wearing an old Yours dress, I love the pink colour and pattern on it. I also got a pair of Pride converse off Vinted and I LOVE them. I thought they might rub but thankfully they don't. I love the sequins and rainbows! My hair was tied up because we were about to go swimming. I also had a new costume which I had got off Simply Be recently, it was nice to wear but I didn't get a photo of it until later in the week.


The inside side of my trainers is silver sequins. You can also see most of my Hello Kitty tattoo haha


And the outside is rainbow sequins and I love them!


Inside the market when we got there. I did end up going back and buying a couple of bits, but nothing huge


St Giles' Church, it was on a really pretty road too 


I liked these signs


Inside, looking at the D Day display


There are sixteen singing angels on the ceiling, apparently


Inside a very cute shopping arcade


Jacket potato with cheese and beans


Pink dress when we got back


Cutting up cheese with scissors, like you do (the knives were rubbish too)


Pan haggerty


And that night I looked outside a bit earlier, so the sun was still setting really

No comments:

Post a Comment