Thursday, September 5, 2024

Lunch with Philippa

Philippa and I met up on the 18th of July. She suggested meeting up at The Old Horns Inn in Bradfield which is about half an hour's drive for me. It's a really scenic drive so I don't mind it at all. We've been before; I think it must have been July 2023 actually, so I was up for going again. I had a work meeting in the morning online but then I set off in the sunshine listening to a book, and met Philippa at the pub at 12.15. She had got us a table outside which was lovely. It was really warm and the sun kept coming and going so I was happy to sit outside. 

I know last time I went I had the halloumi burger so I considered having the same thing but decided to go for a different burger instead. This was two Moving Mountains plant burgers, two onion rings, jalapenos, spicy sauce, and a hash brown all chucked into one. It was immense and difficult to eat so I ended up using a knife and fork! Their chips are really nice, they're like chip shop ones almost. Philippa went for a mushroom and feta pie with new potatoes which I would also definitely eat!

Since the weather was nice I also had some San Miguel - I only like drinking lager when the weather is warm.

We sat chatting, as we do, and then got some desserts. We both went for the triple chocolate brownie and it was really nice. We said goodbye about 3.30 and when I got home I laid with Kiki for a bit and played with her. I had been wearing a Topsy Curvy dress but forgot to get a picture of it. 

I had a nap and then went back out about 6.30 for book club. We had read The Herd by Emily Edwards which is quite an emotive subject but it was a really interesting discussion. It ran over later than it usually does so I got back about 9pm and had some eggs and crisps for tea. 

To go out in the evening I was wearing an old Scarlett and Jo skirt and this top that Chloe made for me recently. The top is from Yours and I just liked the bluey colour, and Chloe made the The Libertines vinyl cut out on her machine and attached it for me. It's really good! The black is sparkly up close and I love it!


Love a San Miguel in the sunshine!


Ridiculously huge and delicious burger


Warm brownie and ice cream


And here's my outfit when I got back from book club!

No comments:

Post a Comment