Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Films of the Month - July

I went to the cinema twice in July! Which is unusual for me, but I really enjoyed both of them. I watched nine films at home, bringing my total to eleven. Here's what I watched:


I hadn't seen Girl Interrupted in forever, so I watched it. I love both Winona and Angelina in this, they're both flawless. I also really like the supporting cast including Elisabeth Moss, Clea Duvall, and Brittany Murphy 


Lee and I watched Rogue One again, I think it's his favourite Star Wars film!


Lee and I went to the cinema to see Ocean's 8; I loved it! I thought it was so much fun and very tongue in cheek and a perfect addition to the franchise. I can't wait for Ocean's 9!


A friend of mine is writing a zine about Magic Mike so I thought I'd watch it again and write something for it. I know I have seen this before, but I didn't remember a lot of it. I'll have to get round to watching the sequel.


I watched The Boys in the Band for my online film club. I'd heard of it before but never seen it. It's an odd film for sure. I'm glad I've seen it but I'm not sure I'd watch it again


I've been meaning to watch Quadrophenia for years but never have. I really liked it, though. Phil Daniels and Leslie Ash are both great


Tumblr was posting loads of old photos of Harry in Dunkirk so I thought I'd better watch it again. It looks stunning, I liked it


Someone on Twitter mentioned Alex Strangelove as being like Love, Simon, and I get where they're coming from and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite as good as Love, Simon. Cute though


I've been watching a series on Ch4 called Bride & Prejudice (which was interesting, but trigger warning for a lot of bigoted views) which reminded me of the existence of this film. It's fun, Bollywood kitschy fun, but I wouldn't watch it again


I watched We Need to Talk About Kevin one Friday morning, which was a very depressing idea. I haven't read the book but I know what happens in it, and I think the film is a pretty good representation of that? It's so depressing, but both Tilda Swinton and Ezra Miller are brilliant



Finally, Sam and I went to see Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again one Monday afternoon after I'd been to my craft club. I liked it, it's a lot of fun and the choreography is gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment