Thursday, June 15, 2023

Films of the Month - April

I watched eleven films in April which wasn't a bad go - I watched four of those while I was away by myself, so that helped up my numbers. I'm trying to get into the habit of watching more films in May, but we'll see how I go. Here's what I saw, anyway:


Netflix recommended The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo to me so I went for it - I've never read the book so had no idea what the film was about. I liked it


Lee and I were still making our way through the Scream franchise, so we got on to Scream 4. It's alright, it's one of the weaker ones


I've been meaning to watch The Woman Who Wasn't There for ages and am glad I finally got round to it. It's about a woman who said she was in the twin towers on 9/11 and that she survived from above the impact zone of the aeroplane, and that she had lost her fiance in the attack too. She was involved in a lot of survivors' groups, memorial days, and so on. It turned out she was miles away in Barcelona at the time. The film is totally bonkers 


I watched Lyra, the film about the young journalist murdered in Northern Ireland in 2019, when I noticed it on Channel 4. It is really worth a watch 


I watched Moonage Daydream on Netflix and found it was overly long and just a bit weird. It did teach me some new things about David Bowie but I wouldn't bother with it again


As I said, I saw Meet Me In St Louis on my solo trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. Judy Garland is brilliant


This popped up on Netflix while I was away so I watched it again, it's still very cute. I will probably watch the sequels again at some point


My friend recommended Lewis Capaldi's film and I really liked it, even though I know nothing about him. It's a really interesting look at fame and its downfalls


I had never seen She's All That even though it's very much the right age group for me, so I watched it while I was away. It's okay, I liked Freddie Prinze Jr a lot 


I thought I would watch the She's All That 'remake' He's All That the week after I was away. It's cute, it's obviously more modern. I liked the main girl 


Finally Lee and I watched Straight Outta Compton together. I thought we'd seen it before but I don't think we can have. It's so good, really interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment